The winter storm warning issued by Environment Canada for most of western and southern Alberta has ended.
The winter storm warning was issued on Wednesday (Feb.7).
Up to 35 cm of snow was expected and it was recommended to change travel plans.
Travel tips if you must head into those areas include:
- Check 511 Alberta for real time road conditions
- Postpone travel if you can
- Remember to slow down and drive for winter conditions
- Watch for reduce visibility
- Carry a winter emergency kit in your vehicle
- Turn on headlights so your tail lights are visible to drivers behind you
- Allow snowplows room to work, stay at least 10 metres behind them
Major areas affected include Red Deer, Medicine Hat, Calgary, Lethbridge, Jasper and Banff.