It was a smokey Monday (January 8) in Fort Saskatchewan for Integrity Land occupants on 99 Avenue.
 
A smokey smell and haze was reported by staff at Balanced Chiropractic on the first floor of the building around 9 a.m.
 
Building staff notified the other tenants of the issue, urging them to be prepared to evacuate.
 
"Right now, we're still in investigation mode so we can keep everyone warm inside," said Fort Saskatchewan Fire Chief Shawn McKerry. "If we discover something worse, we will evacuate the building until we can make it safe."
 
The smoke was attributed to a rooftop heating unit malfunctioning, sending the smoke to the first floor. The smoke reportedly smelled of an electrical fire.
 
The building's reception was moved to the second floor for safety.
 
The Integrity Land building on 99 Avenue is home to numerous offices and business, including MIX 107 fortsaskonline.
 
The all-clear was given just after 9:30 a.m.

More Local News

DiscoverWestman.com is Westman's only source for community news and information such as weather and classifieds.

Search the Biz Guide

Login