A local musician won a big award at the 2018 Edmonton Music Awards.
17-year-old Keltie from Sherwood Park won the Rising Star Award. She also received a nomination for the People's Choice Award.
Keltie’s debut single, Someone Tell Her, reached number two on the iTunes Singer/Songwriter Single chart. You can also hear it on MIX 107.
The awards show was on June 28 and celebrates, showcases and promotes local artists and their music.
Edmonton artist Josh Sahunta, who just received a grant from MIX 107, was nominated for Male Artist of the Year and R&B/Soul Recording of the Year.
Other MIX 107 artists nominated for awards include:
- Olivia Rose – Female Artist of the Year, Country Recording of the Year and the Peoples Choice Award
- Rebecca Lappa – Roots/Fold Recording of the Year
- Mike Dominey – Male Artist of the Year and Singer Songwriter of the Year
- Old Jack Tap – Blues Recording of the Year and Peoples Choice Award
- Martin Kerr – Male Artist of the Year and Peoples Choice Award