A woman is in custody after stealing mail and a vehicle.
The Fort Saskatchewan RCMP responded to a report of a woman breaking into community mailboxes at around 7 p.m. on January 7 in the Southfort area.
RCMP then got a call about a stolen Jeep Cherokee taken from the same area, which was found after an extensive search.
The female driver, Sophia Thomas was arrested for possession of stolen property. She admitted to breaking into the mailboxes and stealing mail.
Thomas was also wanted on outstanding warrants from the Edmonton Police Service (EPS).
She is now facing the following charges:
- Possession of stolen property over $5,000
- Two counts of possession of stolen property under $5,000
- Two counts of unlawful possession of mail
- Two counts of mischief
- Theft of mail
- Five counts of failing to comply with recognizance
- Four traffic related charges
Other items in her possession included stolen debit cards and cheques.