Beauty really isn't supposed to be painful.
Co Co Lux Beauty Bar owner/lash tech Kirstin Turpin got a surprising phone call from the Fort Saskatchewan Hospital on Monday morning.
17-year-old Alexis Bizuk had gone somewhere else to have eyelash extensions put on by a person still in training. No consent form was presented and no parental confirmation was needed.
Bizuk was sent from hospital to the local salon for an emergency eyelash extension removal..
"My stomach sank when she walked in the door, I knew it was her right away as her eyes were almost swollen shut. It was absolutely the worst job I have ever seen," explained Turpin.
When having this procedure done at Co Co Lux, you are asked to come in early to fill out a three-page waiver which inquires about possible allergies to the adhesives used.
Turpin doesn't want to harp on the bad job, but simply emphasize how important it is to ensure you know what level of service you are getting and that it's from a proper certified techincian.
"Always ask as many questions as you want, if you are unsure or don't understand something be sure to ask," added Turpin. "Also, if anything is even slightly painful or uncomfortable, make sure to ask to stop. The saying should not be true at all in this case; beauty is not pain."
Bizuk has seen an eye doctor, who has referred her to a specialist within the burn unit for treatment on her eyelids.