The cause is now clear in a Sherwood Park house fire.
A fire on Carlyle Crescent (Mar.9) was started by a youth playing with a lighter in the garage.
"Make sure you have those materials like any lighters or matches safely stored," said Rodney Kuhn, Strathcona County's Fire Marshall. "As well talk to your kids about the dangers of fires and playing with matches."
The blaze took under an hour to extinguish.
No people were injured, however pets were lost in the fire.
Kuhn also recommends making sure your smoke alarms are all working and to practice a fire escape plan.