The Strathcona County Municipal Drug Unit have seized numerous drugs, cash and firearms in a joint investigation.
On Jan.17, the unit, with the aid of Edmonton Police Tactical Section searched a home in the Claireview area of Edmonton.
Police seized 93 grams of cocaine, 1.34 grams of meth, 0.86 grams of fentanyl, 53 grams of cannabis shatter, codeine pills, over a litre of Gama Hydroxybutyrate, numerous prescription medication and drug paraphernalia.
Other than drugs, they seized a 410. sawed off shotgun, loaded .357 magnum handgun, two .223 carbine rifles, more than 200 rounds of ammunition, a throwing star, brass knuckles, nunchakus and about $14,450 in cash.
RCMP also found potassium cyanide in one of the vehicles searched on the property.
“This is a great example of two police jurisdictions working together to reduce crime in our communities,” said Strathcona County RCMP General Investigative Section, Staff Sergeant Andy Kyle. “Removing drugs and firearms from the streets is an RCMP crime reduction priority and instrumental in keeping our citizens safe”.
Mason March, Tara Arthurs, William Lance and Stephen Shane, all of Edmonton were charged with over 48 criminal offenses, which include:
- Possession of a controlled subtance for the purpose of trafficking
- Careless use of a firearm
- Possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a weapon
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm knowing it is unauthorized
- Unauthorized possession of a weap knowing it is unauthorized
- Possession of a weapon obtained by crime
- Possession of property obtained by crime
- Possession of a loaded firearm
- Unauthorized poessesion of a weapon with ammo
Arthurs and Marsh were released on a recognizance, O'Toole and Walsh are still in custody. All four people are scheduled to appear in Edmonton Provincial Court at 9 a.m. on Feb.16.
Anyone with information about this or another crime can call the Strathcona County RCMP at 780-467-7741 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.