A quilting guild, a scout group and a family resource centre are among the 10 recipients of the 2018 Dow Gives community grants program.
The program provides funding to local organizations working to make a difference in their communities. Dow Canada has given out close to $1 million since the program began, including $30,000 to Fort Saskatchewan area groups this year.
“Dow believes in playing an active role in the communities we operate in,” said Jessica MacDonald, site public affairs manager for Dow Canada. “The Dow Gives program allows local organizations to build resilient communities, which we have seen since 2001.”
A committee of Dow employees, community members and local representatives chose this year’s winners. See the full list below.
• Camilla School – Sturgeon Public School Division
• Ecole Parc Fundraising Society
• Fort Saskatchewan Community Hospital Foundation
• Fort Saskatchewan Families First Society
• Fort Saskatchewan Quilting Guild
• Fort Saskatchewan Ringette
• Gibbons Family Resource Centre
• Pioneer House Club 50
• St. John Paul II Catholic School
• 169 Glen Allen Scout Group