The CP Holiday Train is rolling into Josephburg.
Decorated for the holidays with thousands of Christmas lights, the festive train is expected to arrive at the Moyer Recreation Centre on Monday (Dec.10).
The train's goal is to raise money and food for local food banks. Admission is free and will feature an outdoor concert with Terri Clark, Sierra Noble and Kelly Prescott.
Organizers recommend dressing for all weather conditions as it is an outdoor event.
Free Strathcona County Transit transportation from Sherwood Park was available by advanced registration only. Tickets have sold out. The special event buses depart promptly at 4 p.m. from the Bethel Transit Terminal (650 Bethel Drive, Sherwood Park) and will return to the terminal at around 7 p.m.
- Available approximately two kilometres northwest of the event site, starting at 3:30 p.m.
- Shuttle buses will be available at the parking site to take you to the fun and festivities. Buses will be waiting during the event to take you back. Walking from the parking location is not encouraged because of high traffic volumes and dark rural roads.
Public parking will only be available at the designated parking area:
- Parking at Moyer Recreation Centre will be reserved for individuals with a valid parking placard and for persons with disabilities.
- Parking in the Josephburg town site is available only to residents with a valid parking permit.
- Parking will not be permitted along the roadsides of Highway 830, Township Road 550 or Range Road 215.
Directions when driving north on Highway 830:
- turn left (west) on Township Road 550 (Josephburg Road). Turn right (north) on Range Road 215. Parking is on the right in approximately half a kilometre.
Directions when driving from Fort Saskatchewan:
- Head east on Township Road 550. Turn left (north) on Range Road 215. Parking is on the right in approximately half a kilometre.
Strathcona County anticipates more than 3,000 visitors will make their way to the event. For more information: https://cpholidaytrain2018bethel.eventbrite.ca
The event starts at 5 p.m. and goes until 6 p.m.