Gibbons Pioneer Days will have lots of free activities in store for the whole family to enjoy.
On Friday and Saturday (Jul. 8 and 9), nearly 20 different events will be available to check out at the Gibbons Museum grounds.
"This is the first time we will be full steam ahead since 2019. We are super, super excited to get back out there and give the amazing community of Gibbons and surrounding area something to look forward to this weekend," said Eric Paterson, recreation and youth coordinator for the Town of Gibbons.
Here is what the weekend has in store:
- 6:30 p.m. - Bicycle decorating for the kids' bike parade. Decorations will be provided.
- 7 p.m. - The kids' bike parade begins.
- 7 p.m.-10 p.m. - The family barn dance begins. There will be a DJ and concession on site.
- 9 a.m.-11 a.m. - The community pancake breakfast takes place at the Dew Drop Inn. This event does cost to attend.
- 11 a.m. - The parade begins. It is projected to have upwards of 20 floats. The route can be found on the Town of Gibbons website.
- 12 p.m. - A lunch provided by the Legion. This event does cost money to attend.
- 12 p.m. - 3 p.m. - The Gibbons farmers market will be open, a show and shine event, a bouncy castle, face painter/balloon maker and other kids activities such as laser tag, a climbing wall and jousting.
- 3 p.m.- 6 p.m. - A Kids Can Catch fishing event at Echo Glen Pond.
- 6 p.m. - A game of "bingo in the barn."
- 11 p.m. - Fireworks.
"Pretty much the whole weekend is free," Paterson continued. "No passes, just show up and have a great time."
All of the activities will be going ahead, rain or shine.