The latest COVID-19 numbers are in.
The province identified 603 new cases of the virus in the last day. Currently, 765 people are in the hospital, and 180 are in intensive care.
There are 8,158 active cases of COVID-19 in Alberta.
Eight new deaths were reported in the province on Friday (Oct.29), bringing the total to 3,093. Since Sept. 29, there have been seven deaths related to COVID-19 in the local area.
Since the start of the pandemic, there have been eight deaths in rural Strathcona County, 11 in Sturgeon County, 12 in Morinville, three in Lamont County, 42 in Sherwood Park and 23 in Fort Saskatchewan.
The first number is the active case count on Thursday for the area, and the second is the updated total as of Friday:
- Fort Saskatchewan: 50 cases - 49 cases
- Sherwood Park:66 cases - 60 cases
- Strathcona County: 29 cases - 26 cases
- Sturgeon County: 66 cases - 63 cases
- Morinville: 43 cases - 33 cases
- Lamont County: 20 cases – 22 cases
Several area schools are listed as being under “Alert” or “Outbreak” status, including:
- Ardrossan Junior Senior High School, Ardrossan (Alert 2-4 cases)
- Lillian Schick School, Bon Accord (Alert 2-4 cases)
- Four Winds Public School, Morinville (Alert 2-4 cases)
- Morinville Public School, Morinville (Alert 5-9 cases)
- St. Kateri Tekakwitha Academy Morinville (Alert 2-4 cases)
- Davidson Creek Elementary School, Sherwood Park (Alert 2-4 cases)
- St. Theresa Catholic School, Sherwood Park (Alert 2-4 cases)
- Camilla School, Sturgeon County (Alert 2-4 cases)
The total per cent of people fully immunized with the vaccine as of Friday:
- Fort Saskatchewan: 67.6 per cent
- Sherwood Park: 76.6 per cent
- Strathcona County: 71.1 per cent
- Sturgeon County West (including Morinville): 64.2 per cent
- Sturgeon County East: 64 per cent
- Lamont County: 60.7 per cent
A total of 6.52-million doses of the vaccine have now been administered in the province; 86.9 per cent of the eligible population have received at least one dose, while 79.8 per cent are fully vaccinated.