COVID-19 cases continue to fall in Alberta.
The province identified 645 new cases of the virus in the last day. Currently, 810 people are in the hospital, and 184 are in intensive care.
There are 8,733 active cases of COVID-19 in Alberta.
10 new deaths were reported in the province on Tuesday (Oct.26), bringing the total to 3,073 since the start of the pandemic.
The first number is the active case count on Tuesday for the area, and the second is the updated total as of Wednesday:
- Fort Saskatchewan: 55 cases - 50 cases
- Sherwood Park: 81 cases - 72 cases
- Strathcona County: 32 cases - 30 cases
- Sturgeon County: 78 cases - 75 cases
- Morinville: 55 cases - 52 cases
- Lamont County: 18 cases - 18 cases
Several area schools are listed as being under “Alert” or “Outbreak” status, including:
- Ardrossan Junior Senior High School, Ardrossan (Alert 2-4 cases)
- Lillian Schick School, Bon Accord (Alert 2-4 cases)
- Morinville Community High School, Morinville (Alert 2-4 cases)
- Morinville Public School, Morinville (Alert 5-9 cases)
- St. Kateri Tekakwitha Academy Morinville (Alert 2-4 cases)
- St. Theresa Catholic School, Sherwood Park (Alert 2-4 cases)
- Camilla School, Sturgeon County (Alert 2-4 cases)
Starting on Thursday, at-home rapid test kits will be provided to schools with kindergarten to Grade 6 students across the province that are on outbreak status. The program is optional, free, and starts immediately.
The total per cent of people fully immunized with the vaccine as of Wednesday:
- Fort Saskatchewan: 67.2 per cent
- Sherwood Park: 76.3 per cent
- Strathcona County: 70.8 per cent
- Sturgeon County West (including Morinville): 63.8 per cent
- Sturgeon County East: 63.6 per cent
- Lamont County: 60.2 per cent
A total of 6.49-million doses of the vaccine have now been administered in the province; 86.8 per cent of the eligible population have received at least one dose, while 79.4 per cent are fully vaccinated.