Morinville Festival Days is back with new activities to enjoy.
From June 17-19, you can enjoy tons of free entertainment as well as the Wildrose Midway at the Morinville Leisure Centre.
Here is what is new this year:
- The ATCO stage with local performers
- Ray McDonald Sports Centre playground activities
- Roving acrobatic performances
- A balloon making clown
- Pancake breakfast at the Morinville Community Cultural Centre with extended hours
- An Indigenous art showcase featuring a world champion hoop dancer
All familiar favourites will be returning in some capacity except for the Festival Days Parade.
"I would attribute this to growing pains. Our community has grown quite substantially," said Teena Hughson, the community engagement and partnership specialist for the Town of Morinville.
The traffic safety plan that was reviewed for the parade showed several deficiencies, and it became too financially overwhelming with the lack of human resources.
Returning this year:
- Morinville Show & Shine
- Free movie screening: Encanto
- Morinville Firefighter Combat Challenge
- "Kiddie Commando" obstacle course & military vehicle displays hosted by the Edmonton Garrison
- Hot Sauce Competition
- Sunrise to Sunset Create-a-Thon & Art Sale hosted by the Morinville Art Club
- Midway rides and concessions
- Farmers' market on Saturday and Sunday.
If you'd like to purchase admission to the Wildrose Midway, you can do so in advance at the Morinville Community Cultural Centre or the Morinville Leisure Centre for a discounted price of $35.
The advance sale ends on June 15, and midway admission will go up to $40 afterwards.
"I would encourage [families] to attend as many events as possible on all three days," added Hughson
People are allowed to bring blankets and chairs to the festival. Outside food is permitted in some areas, although checking with festival volunteers before consumption is best.
Vendors for the Farmers' Market and partners for the festival are still being accepted.
More information on all of the events happening and how to become a partner can be found on the town of Morinville website.