Police have laid impaired driving charges after a local woman was killed in a collision.
On Friday (Aug. 19), at around 7:30 p.m., Cochrane RCMP and emergency services were dispatched to a two-vehicle collision involving a motorcycle and SUV on Highway 1A by Morley Road.
The driver of the motorcycle, identified as 53-year-old Samantha Wylie of Fort Saskatchewan, died on the scene.
As a result, the driver of the SUV, 33-year-old Morley resident Kendra Bigstony, faces numerous charges, including:
- Operation while impaired by alcohol causing death (over 0.08)
- Operation while impaired causing death
- Operation while impaired by alcohol causing bodily harm (over 0.08)
- Operation while impaired causing bodily harm
- Fail to remain at the scene of an accident
- Drive while suspended or disqualified
After a judicial hearing, Bigstony was released from custody on conditions and will be appearing in Cochrane Provincial Court on Aug. 30.