Foul play is suspected in a Fort Saskatchewan fire.
At around 4:24 p.m. Saturday (Apr. 9), city workers noticed smoke coming out of the washrooms at Legacy Park. They called 911, and Fort Saskatchewan, Strathcona County firefighters and the RCMP responded.
Firefighters arrived to find a small smouldering fire in one of the bathroom stalls. It was quickly extinguished before the fire could spread to the rest of the structure. However, the building is closed until further notice.
The fire department says they do not know the cause of the fire, though signs on the washrooms claim it was due to arson.